Tuesday, July 12, 2011

...More Simple Cricut Gifts

Hello Everyone! I know many of us may vacation over the summer and have family trips, or trips to visit distant (in space, not relation) relatives. I know many of us crafters (including me) love to make small personalized items for family members. This post also has ideas for easy Cricut gifts.

These are door signs, great for bedrooms. I kept it easy on myself and used the same 2 designs. It is much easier to work this way, you can cut out 2 of each image). I used 4x8 pieces of chipboard for each sign. On the girls' I added cream 4x8 cardstock, red letters, and a princess hat. On the boys' I added 4x8 bright blue cardstock, navy blue letters, and a alligator. (all paper by recollections @ Michael's, except princess hat [making memories-cosmopolitan stack])

I cut all of the letters out from George & Basic Shapes, I used 'shadow' for the letters. I think that chunky letters are cute.
I cut the Alligator from Create A Critter. A little hint to same some paper- Instead of cutting the (base) gator image in black and then cutting layer one in navy,  I just cut the base in navy... not a huge deal to have navy eyes... that's all the black (base) is used for. This is the first time I have cut the Alligator; it is cute, but still boyish (sometimes I find Create A Critter can be a little cutesy for boy projects).

I LOVE this! I cut the princess hat out using the Sweet Treats cartridge. I used this same cut in this project. As you can see in the 2nd picture, I added cotton candy stickles to the heart on the princess hat, and xmas red stickles on the letters in small dots.



...GASP...that was a long post! Have a great day and stop back later for more crafty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment