Sunday, July 4, 2010

Triangle Box

I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July and spending time with family and friends(: A few days ago I was totally inspired by the ChicnScratch Blog/YouTube, and absolutely LOVED the triangle box she made, but I decided to take it up a notch(:

Basically, you need 2 squares side by side (not cut apart) in order to make the box. That is all you need to know when changing the sizes. Here are some of the sizes you can cut your paper for this box-
1x2
2x4
3x6
4x8
5x10
6x12

The first one is hibiscus paper, (12x12) from HobbyLobby (ThePaperStudio) and it was actually in the Clearance papers for 25 cents a few weeks ago, and I thought it could not be more perfect for summer. I used some on that sheet of paper in a mini album, so I figured, it is in my scrap bin, I should use some of it up instead of cutting into a new piece of paper.


The glossy, polka-dot paper; I used in the larger box, is from a colorbox patterned card stock stack that I have had FOREVER. I love that stack and always hesitate to use it(:


I used a Studio G stamp from Michael's with some Martha Stewart Metallic Pigment Ink. I definatley should have used my heat tool to dry it, because being pigment ink on glossy cardstock is NOT a good combination. Between the video and taking pictures, the ink totally smeared. I think it had something to do with the fibers. hmmm... Oh well, I can easily make a new tag(:

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment